IN-PERSON COVID REOPENING GUIDELINES
Sunday morning service at 9:00 a.m.
Sunday morning service at 9:00 a.m.
- ATTENDANCE LIMITS Attendance in the sanctuary is limited to 140 people. Pews and chairs are marked to ensure households will be seated six feet apart from each other.
- SICKNESS IF YOU FEEL ILL, ARE MORE VULNERABLE TO SICKNESS, OR ARE SHOWING SYMPTOMS, PLEASE STAY HOME AND WORSHIP ONLINE.
- ALTERNATE ATTENDANCE OPTIONS If you are not able to or comfortable being in the pews on a Sunday morning, then you can come to the church parking lot, tune in to 88.9 FM and listen to the worship service live.
- LIVE-STREAM OPTION We do livestream our service every Sunday morning via our church Facebook and YouTube pages. Past sermons are also available via this website.
- MASKS In light of recent mandates by NJ government, you are no longer required to wear masks when indoors if you are vaccinated. As such, if you would like to attend worship without a mask, and you have been vaccinated, than this is an option. If you chose not to, or are not yet vaccinated, you must continue to follow mask guidelines and social distancing. If you are torn, we encourage you to wear the mask during worship for the time being simply for the sake of peace-of-mind and courtesy of your fellow members.
Regardless of what you decide to do in regards to wearing a mask, please be respectful of the feelings and comfort level of others. The church is never a place for judgement!
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS We continue to take the temperature, names, and contact information of all people.
- You will also be asked the following questions:
b. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
c. Have you been with anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19 in the past 14 days?
d. In the last 14 days, have you been in any state from which we must quarantine for 2 weeks?
Positive responses to ANY of these questions will mean that you may not enter.
e. We will have to check off your name as you enter and verify visitor’s addresses/phone numbers for contact if there is a report of an outbreak of COVID-19.
- SANITIZER Hand sanitizer is available at each entrance.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING Please follow normal physical distancing practices as has been outlined by the CDC. You will also find signs upon your arrival to best direct the flow of traffic into and out of our worship spaces. We ask that members do not congregate in hallways or the narthex. If you desire to visit, take it outside! 😊
- SEATING We have pews sectioned off to ensure proper distancing. Look for the pews marked WITH blue x’s.
- COMMUNION We offer communion at each service. The process of communion will be done at the close of worship as you depart the sanctuary.
- OFFERING The offering plates will not be passed but are available at the back of the church before or after service if you wish to give in person. If you are not able to attend, we encourage you to mail your offering envelopes to the church office.
- SINGING Our desire is to include some music as part of our worship services. However, we are unfortunately not be able to sing with the same gusto—as the Lutheran church has long been known for. At this time, our liturgy will be spoken. We do include hymns for members to quietly sing along with or hum to.
- NO PHYSICAL MATERIAL Hymnals, Bibles, children's bags, and all other items have been removed from all church pews. We will have disposable, printed worship bulletins.
- CLOSED ROOMS There will be no access to other parts of the building, other than restrooms. This includes kitchen, fellowship hall, Sunday school classrooms, playground, and all areas of the preschool.